“Angers Week takes place Tuesday, November 8th to Saturday, November 12th with programs, concerts and activities featuring French music, film, cinema, art, culture and technological innovation from Angers, France,” announced Austin Angers Creative and Freestyle Language Center, co-organizers of the five-day long event started last year as a one-day celebration of Austin’s sister city in France, Angers.
“Programming for Angers Week includes:
- Angevine musicians Cherry Plum, VedeTT, Medue and San Carol,
- visual artists SMOH and Paul Liaigre,
- Chef & Owner Pierrick Le Drain of Un Brin Folk,
- Brewer Benoît Durand of Brasserie Angevine
- and Premiers Plans Film Festival Director Xavier Massé in collaboration
- with Austin-based artists including Devin James Fry, Project ATX6, Ethan Azarian, Kalu James, Little Mazarn, The ABGB brew-masters, Chef Lynzy Moran and SprATX.
Events range from daytime to evening, free or ticketed, 21+ or all ages.
Participating venues include: Capital Factory, Cheer Up Charlies, Lenoir, Aviary Lounge, Kitty Cohen’s, The Blackheart, The ABGB, Stay Gold, Swan Dive, Freestyle Language Center and the Austin Film Society Marchesa Theatre.
The Vortex & Butterfly Bar will host a family-friendly French “pique-nique” on Saturday, November 12th from noon to 7PM featuring:
– all visiting Angers musicians,
– a photography showcase highlighting the “Austin Week” that took place in September (at the same time as Levitation France) and featured over 50 Austin-based musicians, producers, chefs and artists,
– children’s activities,
– food & drink specials,
– and Francophone community groups.
Tickets for culinary events at Kitty Cohen’s and film screenings at Austin Film Society at The Marchesa Theatre will be available in advance.
Additional events and participating businesses will be announced in the coming weeks.”