It’s that time of the year again: it’s time for Frenchs-peaking month -le mois de la francophonie!
This year, the Austin group of the French-American civics organization Français du Monde du Monde South Central USA has made French in Austin’s job of listing all French-speaking and francophile events much easier by coordinating with the different French-American organizations in Austin to put together a document that lists French speaking month events and more.
You can access it at FdMSouthCentralUSA.org,
and find them all on French in Austin’s calendar.
Here, I’m just going to list the highlights (and what’s really an event special to French speaking month):
- the Alliance Française’s apéritif on French food labels on Wednesday, March 2nd, from 6pm,
- the French Legation Museum’s 175th birthday party on Saturday, March 5, from 11am,
- Français du Monde South Central USA Austin group’s table promoting French-speaking month at the Asian American Resource Center‘s Spring Holidays Fair on Saturday, March 5, from 12pm,
- The Austin Public Library’s French afternoon at the Hampton Branch at Oak Hill, Saturday, March 12, from 12pm,
- a special pétanque game organized by the Alliance Française on Sunday, March 13, from 2pm,
- the Alliance Française Ciné-Club double feature with bubbles and sweets on Sunday, March 20, from 2pm,
- and finally, a late night Chez Zee, organized by the Alliance Française again.
In the meantime, Education Française Austin will have hosted spring break camps, la French Tech will have gathered in Austin on the occasion of South by Southwest, and received a warm welcome from the French-American Business Council of Austin, the French Music Export Bureau will have promoted French artists through a series of France Rocks concerts… Not to mention the occasional show by a French-American band in Austin or different French speaking gatherings organized by different French conversation groups. Austin will be blooming wth French-speaking and francophile events this month of March!